Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mini Tumbler Scrap Quilt (#55)

I find making scrappy quilts harder to do since my stash is made up of many novelty and strong colored fabrics.  My scraps are left overs from making grocery bags for The Fabric Hog - and the tone of a market bag is so different than the softer prettier fabrics that are attractive in a quilt.
Luckily this one came out great since it harmonized and is a picnic blanket. Making box corners for my bags left me with lots of 4" squares which I could cut into mini tumblers with the 3.5" Accuquilt die.
I don't know why but my patience level was low with this quilt - so I took the easy short cut of adding scrap flannel and cotton borders to finish it off.
Finally - a rugged background of red cotton mixed with black, indigo and blue yarn dyed linen.  Quilted with Aurifil 50wt. Light Sand on the front and the fun variegated Storm At Sea on the back with wavy line stitches- this quilt will live with the Half Hexi Scrap Quilt in a school locker for lunchtime fun.

Materials:
Quilting cotton & flannel
Red Kona Dimensions / Robert Kaufman
Essex linen in black, blue denim, indigo / Robert Kaufman
Aurifil 50wt. Light Sand (#2000) & Variegated Storm at Sea (#4655)
Warm & White
Size: 58" x 72.5"
August 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment