Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Big Sky Simple Square Baby Quilt (#96)

Some quilts just resonate and the Big Sky simple square blanket I made for my high school's fundraiser  is one of them.
The soothing colors and bear & moose motifs were so cute that I got asked to make this quilt from various friends.  My math skills are not great ... end result is I bought way too much Big Sky fabric.  I guess it's more quilts for everyone and thankfully my friends are a patient lot so I can take my time making them!
What's better than this bear blanket going to Alaska for a new baby boy.  I chose to continue with  4.5" x 4.5" squares unfinished since I had leftovers from the other quilt.  I did buy some more bear and moose fat quarters since that is the cutest motif and who doesn't like more cuteness! 10 squares across, 10 rows down and a border trimmed to 2.25".
This is a blanket that will grow with baby.  A nice 43" x 43" with minky on the back and batting on the inside.  I duplicated the 'melding' look again by using the same fabric for the border & binding. 
I like making easy quilt patterns because of time restraints.  I enjoy making different patterns since I get bored.  Squares seem like cheating since they are so simple,  but time & time again they come out looking really pretty and are very well liked.  

Materials:
Big Sky by Annie Brady / Moda
Warm & White batting
Simple dot minky - brown
Aurifil 50wt. #2360 (brown) & #2314
Size: 43" x 43"
April 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment