Saturday, May 6, 2017

Four Patch Quilt (#77)

To  make a quick child's quilt I used some left over Lecien Retro 30's jelly roll pieces and RJR Pixie Strips.  Color scraps went on a white strip and then cut to widths of 2.5".
I sewed them into four patches and should have stopped to trim them all the same size - I didn't. 
There is always some distortion with pre-cuts and slight variations with different brands.  They didn't look too wonky but in the final assembly my seams were off in some rows.  No amount of tugging was going to match them.  But some careful trimming around the quilt top and a border fixed everything up nicely - whew!
I like the whole idea of pre-cuts just not the fact they vary in size a lot of the time.  Happy with the final result since no one is going to get upset with a few unmatched squares and using up scraps is great ...win/win. 

Materials:
Lecien Retro 30's jelly roll
RJR Pixie Strips / Supreme White
Warm & White battinga
Dimple Dot minky in Azurite /  Hawthorne Threads 
Aurifil 50wt. #2311
Binding: Marmalade Stripe Raspberry / Moda
Size: 41" x 41"
May 2017

2 comments:

  1. This is just the sort of baby quilt I wanted to make and I'm really glad to see yours. Thank you for sharing it. It is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an actual pattern for this that I could download?

    ReplyDelete