Hi, my name is Ruth and this is my blog to show & share my quilts that I give to family & friends.
Simple designs that may inspire you to make one too.

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Nostalgia Star Quilt (#60)

Some of the prettiest fabric ever is Jennifer Paganelli's Nostalgia collection from Free Spirit. 
I adapted Carrie Nelson's pattern called "Place C" from her book Schnibbles Times Two: Quilts from 5" or 10" Squares.
Since I had various sizes of left over fabric from my first Nostalgia quilt (here), I made half square triangles instead of Carrie's suggested flying geese and trimmed everything to 4.5".  Aurifil 50wt. Muslin thread was the perfect choice for wavy line quilting following the seams.
A few star points were omitted to keep the quilt width to 60" wide so I could easily add minky backing - but the overall design looks great.
Since the pattern is simple but stunning - Nostalgia's large motifs and harmonizing colors shine. 
What's not to love about this 5th teen quilt for my daughter's friend.
Materials:
Nostalgia by Jennifer Paganelli for Free Spirit
Kona white
Dimple Dot minky / vanilla
Warm & White
Aurifil 50wt. Muslin (#2311)
Size: 60" x 75.5"
December 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment