Tuesday, May 4, 2021

The Cleo Quilt and Tilda Fabrics

I saw this pattern from Kitchen Table Quilting and knew it was the perfect fit for my Tilda fabric scraps. It's called The Cleo Quilt. Yes, the resolve to not get any more fabric flew out the window when I saw this offering from Serendipity Woods: 100 different scrappy fat 16ths of Tilda fabrics.
While I can't share the particulars of this pattern since it is all the work of Erica of Kitchen Table Quilting - here are some observations.  The pattern is confident beginner.  You can make your quilt scrappy & smaller (like I did) - or as complicated as you like because Erica offers coloring pages.  Layout and specs are written for 3 sizes, but it is very easy to make custom if you wish.   And best of all - you trim all your units to size.  I love a pattern that lets you trim down to a perfect size!
I can see myself using this pattern many times with multiple fabric leftovers.  This quilt has all 100 designs of the Tilda Bit by Bit Stash Builder Bundle, and some beloved Free Fall from Tula Pink on the back.  I couldn't be more pleased!
For binding I used Begonia candy stripe from Hawthorne Supply Co.  With all the mesh of colors a nice soft pink worked out very nicely.  And it coordinated with the swallows on the back fabric as well. Below you can see a wrinkled after washing picture of the quilting - wavy line stitch following seams on the diagonal.
This is a little bit of a departure for me since I like to show and explain the quilts I make from blocks that are often public domain.  But, I can honestly say this quilt was very fast & fun to make and worth the purchase. Best of all, I love the final look - and in another departure ... I am keeping this one for myself!

Materials:
Tilda Bit by Bit Stash Building from Serendipity Woods
The Cleo Quilt from Kitchen Table Quilting
Free Fall in Creamsicle by Tula Pink
Begonia candy stripe binding from Hawthorne Supply Co.
Warm and White batting
Aurifil 50wt. thread #2415 (light pink)
Size: 49" x 49" (after washing)
May 2021 

4 comments:

  1. this turned out adorable. Anytime we give ourselves rules about fabric acquisitions, it just goes out the window. Kind of like government spending. hahahaha
    I love this quilt and you REALLY made a gem!❣️🌷🥰🌟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always make me smile and laugh - hope you are well - thanks for reading the blog.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Ruth! I just stumbled upon your post. Your quilt is JUST lovely and I could not be more honored that you've chosen one of our Bits Bundles for supporting your project. Thank you so much for sharing your story about it. I'm really grateful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam - I am such a fan of your wonderful store - I love how easy it is to see what you have to offer - and the opportunity to get such a variety of fabrics in small sizes. Wishing you much success for the future. Already have my eye on more little bundles as Serendipity Woods is the perfect way to get a lovely assortment of beautiful fabrics. :)

      Delete